Who says pumpkin is the only flavor for fall? These delicious coffee- and chocolate-flavored muffins will be a favorite in your family.
- 2 cups of flour (gluten-free flour works)
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (dairy free substitution: almond milk minus 1 TBS)
- ½ cup of butter softened (dairy free substitution: refined coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, coffee, salt, & cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat milk, eggs & butter.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased or lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Makes approximately 18 muffins.
Recipe adapted from: The Newcomer’s Guide to Cooking in Africa, editor: Edith Jenkins.
- If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, be sure to carefully read the labels for all ingredients, including condiments and spices. For example, some brands of ingredients (especially sauces, salsas, etc.) may contain gluten and/or MSG and/or soy and/or fish/shellfish and/or carrogeenan (a seaweed-derived food additive difficult for some people to tolerate) and/or whatever other kind of ingredient/allergen you need to avoid to accommodate for your own family’s food allergens and dietary restrictions.
in the Quiver