For a time, I tried out and adapted many a chicken salad recipe, but like most Southern women, I’ve finally settled on the one I consider my own. But unlike most Southern women, I’m sharing the recipe.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, pulled
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise*
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken and mayonnaise in large bowl.
- Add pineapple and pineapple juice and mix well.
- Add celery and combine.
- Add spices and combine.
- For best results, chill before serving.
- Use more or less mayonnaise as desired for texture and taste.
- Actually, use more or less of everything as suits your desired texture and taste. I don’t typically measure as I go, so each batch is a little different!
- * I’m not trying to promote a product, but I can’t help but mention that Duke’s Mayonnaise really makes a difference in this recipe.
- If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, be sure to carefully read the labels for all ingredients, including condiments and spices. For example, some brands of ingredients (especially sauces, salsas, etc.) may contain gluten and/or soy and/or fish/shellfish and/or carrogeenan (a seaweed-derived food additive difficult for some people to tolerate).
cover photo courtesy of Pexels.com