This healthy, one-pan dish has become a go-to for my family. With easy clean-up and vegetables that are flavored with bacon, it is a favorite!
If you don’t like the veggies in this recipe, just substitute them for your family’s favorites. Sliced red peppers and/or onions can be added to this recipe as an excellent variation and add tons of flavor.
- 2 lbs. of chicken tenders (or breasts cut in smaller pieces)
- 1.5 lb. bag of baby multicolored potatoes
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts (halved)
- 1 lb. broccoli (cut to florets)
- 5 slices of bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lemon (for marinade option 1)
- Italian dressing (for marinade option 2)
If you can plan ahead, marinate your chicken anywhere from 20 minutes to 8 hours to allow the flavors to infuse. If you are short on time, this recipe is still delicious if you simply coat your chicken in the marinade prior to roasting.
There are two options for marinating or coating the chicken—one that is simple and another that is super-simple.
> option 1:
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
> option 2:
- 6 ounces of Italian dressing (Now that is easy…you’re welcome!)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Use a large sheet pan with rimmed edges and cover with foil (to make clean-up easier) and spray with olive oil.
If you chose to use firmer root vegetables in your dish like potatoes and carrots boil these together for 10 minutes prior to mixing them with other vegetables.
In a large bowl, or in pot you boiled root vegetables, mix together all the vegetables and toss until well coated in:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mixed garlic (or 1/2 tsp of garlic powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary (or 1/2 tsp of dried Rosemary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Arrange chicken on one side of the pan and place veggies in the remaining area. Lay slices of bacon on top of vegetables.
Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes. You may need to move or stir the vegetables midway if the softer veggies like broccoli are browning on one side too quickly. Cook until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked. Bacon will be crisp, and chicken juices will be clear.