- 2 liter of chilled ginger ale
- 1 liter of chilled Sprite or Sierra Mist
- 25-30 ounces of chilled cranberry juice (about 1/2 of typical size)
- 6-8 ounces of cranberries
- Combine the chilled ginger ale, Sprite, and cranberry juice pouring slowly into a 2-gallon container.
- Rinse cranberries and discard any discolored.
- Place the cranberries in the dispenser and they will float at the top.
- 1 large lemon or 2 small
- 1 navel orange
- peppermint leaves
- 4-5 family size tea bags
- 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar or preferred sugar substitute
- Bring approximately 1 quart of water to a boil in a kettle or covered pot then remove from heat.
- Add 4-5 family-size tea bags, cover, and allow tea to steep for 5 minutes (less if you like your tea weaker but too much more can make your tea bitter).
- Remove tea bags.
- Add 3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute to the warm tea and stir until dissolved. (Southern-style sweet tea often has more sugar than is called for in this recipe, but here the reduced amount of sugar ensures that the other flavors mixed into the tea won’t be missed.)
- Pour tea into a gallon container or pitcher then add chilled water and ice to the 1-gallon mark (3 more quarts). If your container is glass, be careful to make sure the water is not so hot that it cracks your container when you pour it in!
- Slice fruit and remove seeds.
- Float the fruit on top of the tea alone with 10-20 peppermint leaves.
- Allow the fruit and mint to infuse in the fridge for an hour prior to your guests arrival.
This recipe will make a little bit more than a gallon.