Life can be, um…busy. And chaotic. And stressful.
The roles of wife, mom, friend, employee, caregiver, volunteer, etc., are all-consuming. There are days that it’s easy to run out of fuel—physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
What’s a girl to do?
For physical fatigue we can reach for power-food, something high in protein.
Peanut M&M’s anyone?
But for genuine, long-lasting refueling, we need something more. Something that refreshes from the inside and strengthens to every joint and fiber.
Check out these go-to Scripture verses when you need a nourishing pick-me-up:
- The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe • Proverbs 18:10.
Sometimes, Lord, it seems the ground is shifting
beneath my feet. Circumstances are always changing,
threatening to upend my tiny world.
Thank you for being a steady, faithful Presence in my life.
You are my Rock, my Anchor, and my Fortified Tower.
I rest in the safety of Your heart.
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline • 2 Timothy 1:7.
Lord, when I succumb to doubt and anxiousness,
help me to recognize that these feelings are not of You.
Give me wisdom to discern the “voices” that distract
from Your gentle whispers. Help me to hear and respond
to Your Spirit of Truth. And may my words
and actions reflect and glorify You.
- Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path • Psalm 119:105.
Oh Father, how beautiful and simple!
Why, then, do I sometimes neglect the light and life
of Your Word? Give me a hunger to know You—
a hunger that grows and longs to continually feed
on Your precepts and promises.
Help me turn to Your wisdom first,
instead of looking to this world for direction.
Thank you, Father, for providing through Your Word
all I need to love and serve You.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus • Phil. 4:6-7.
Father, I tend to worry. A lot.
I confess this lack of faith in Your provision.
Convict my heart to lay every concern at Your feet
and to joyfully anticipate the peace You offer.
- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you • Isaiah 26:3.
Oh, Father, how I long for a steadfast mind!
May the promise of Your perfect peace motivate me
to turn from anxious thoughts and to meditate
on Your life-giving Word. I want to be a courageous follower
and to walk in complete trust. Thank you, Father God.
How exciting that we can be renewed and energized at any time, simply by feeding on the Word of God.
Do you have a favorite power-verse? Share in the comments below!
Cover photo courtesy of Pixabay.com
in the Quiver
2 thoughts on “5 Power-Verses to Tuck in Our Hearts”
God is my refuge and strength. A very present help in times of trouble. Psalm 461
Yes, Shelia! I love this. Definitely a go-to power verse. Thanks for sharing!