dairy-free * egg-free * gluten-free * nut-free * soy-free
A simple and savory dish that has quickly become a family favorite is heavy on basil but light on preparation.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons ground basil
1/4 teaspoon ground lemon rind (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders or fillets
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In baking dish, combine first 5 ingredients. Stir or whisk together. The marinade will not be very voluminous but should cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add meat, turning to cover with marinade.
- Drain meat. Return to pan or to a stockpot or larger pot.
- Bake covered at 375° for approximately 45 minutes or until done.
- The pan sauce from this dish is usually incredibly tasty in a savory way. Spoon out the pan drippings over the top of the chicken or add it to a serving of pasta or potatoes or a slice of bread (which almost looks bruschetta-like).