dairy-free * egg-free * gluten-free * nut-free * soy-free
A simple and savory dish that has quickly become a family favorite is heavy on basil but light on preparation.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons ground basil
1/4 teaspoon ground lemon rind (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders or fillets
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In baking dish, combine first 5 ingredients. Stir or whisk together. The marinade will not be very voluminous but should cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add meat, turning to cover with marinade.
- Drain meat. Return to pan or to a stockpot or larger pot.
- Bake covered at 375° for approximately 45 minutes or until done.
- The pan sauce from this dish is usually incredibly tasty in a savory way. Spoon out the pan drippings over the top of the chicken or add it to a serving of pasta or potatoes or a slice of bread (which almost looks bruschetta-like).
- If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, be sure to carefully read the labels for condiments and spices. For example, some brands of ingredients (especially sauces, salsas, etc.) may contain gluten and/or soy and/or fish/shellfish and/or carrogeenan (a seaweed-derived food additive difficult for some people to tolerate).